Mac McLester Champion of Recovery Award
Call For Nominations Deadline: March 15th, 2023
We are excited to announce a call for nominations for the 2023 Mac McLester Champion of Recovery Award.
Every day, passionate individuals and leaders dedicate their work to strengthening the recovery community of Central Texas. Communities for Recovery is proud to honor and highlight this commitment each year through our Champion of Recovery Award
About the Mac McLester
Champion of Recovery Award
The Mac McLester Champion of Recovery Award is given to an individual for their work in the Substance Use Recovery Movement in Austin and/or Central Texas. This award recognizes an individual who, through their leadership, advocacy, and vision, has made a positive impact on the recovery community and exemplifies the values of integrity, compassion, collaboration, trust, and service to others.
Nomination deadline: March 15th, 2023
Please help us spread the word about our call for nominations by either nominating an individual and/or sharing this information with your network and friends in the Central Texas recovery community.
Nominations for the award are peer-based. The Substance Use/Mental Health Recovery Community includes, but is not limited to, a broad spectrum of areas such as peer support services, research, prevention, treatment, advocacy, judicial/ criminal justice, and recovery residences.
The award will be given to someone who demonstrates the ideals and attributes by:
- Contributing to building a stronger recovery community that improves the quality of life for individuals in substance use/mental health recovery
- Demonstrating significant leadership with verifiable accomplishments in supporting substance use/mental health recovery
- Serving as an advocate and inspiration to others in the community
- Showing through their work a commitment to humanity and selflessness in regard to direct personal or organizational gain or profit.
- Establishing a lasting impact on the recovery community that has ongoing value and benefit to others.
The award will be presented at the Communities for Recovery Lifebuilder Luncheon on May 10, 2023 at Austin Country Club from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Thank you for your help in spreading the word on our call for nominations and your ongoing support of Communities for Recovery.